- Make sure you arrive 20 minutes before your booked session so you’ve got time to get your skates on at the skate hire.
- You can bring your own ice skates with you, subject to a suitability check. Please note speed skates are not allowed.
- The ice skates are included in the ticket price and available in minimum children’s size 9, maximum adult’s size 13.
- All bags and large items are required to be checked in to the cloakroom provided at £1 per item.
- For safety reasons cameras are not allowed whilst on the ice. We have a professional photographer who can take a souvenir photo for you.
Our ice rink is the largest open air ice rink in the UK, set around Hyde Park’s Victorian bandstand under a canopy of sparkling lights.
Open from 10am – 10pm, stretch out and practise your skating moves during a crisp morning skate. Enjoy the afternoon sun as it glistens on the ice, soak up the romantic atmosphere at twilight, or skate after dark under the stars.
Start the coming winter season with some festive skating. Come along for a spin with your friends or bring that special someone for a romantic date and glide hand-in-hand around the ice. It’s a great family activity which the kids will love and ideal for all ages and abilities, whether you’re a complete beginner or are looking to improve your skills on the ice!
Live music from the bandstand provides a backdrop to your skate throughout the day. Or if skating’s not your thing, enjoy a hot chocolate or festive drink from the spectator’s platform.
If you’re unsure underfoot book an Ice Guide to assist you during your session.
Ice skating session times run every hour, on the hour, between 10:00 and 21:00. Each ice skating session will last 50 minutes.
Please note, all online orders will incur a transaction fee based on the total value of tickets purchased: £3 on orders under £30, £4 on orders from £30 – £39.99, £5 on orders from £40 – £49.99, and £6 on orders of £50 and above.
HIRE AN ICE GUIDE
Ice Guides are trained ice skaters who can escort you and your group on the ice. The Ice Guide can look after up to 15 skaters and will be exclusive to your group for the whole of your skating session. Ice Guides cost £35 per hour skating session (bookable online with your ticket).
- A Family Ticket is available for family groups consisting of either: 2 Adults / Teens and 2 Children OR 1 Adult / Teen and 3 Children
- All children will need a ticket. A child ticket can be purchased for children under 12. Children must be accompanied by a person 16 or over
- For information about Disabled Access tickets and the PA ticket scheme please click here
Concessions, carrying the ID listed, are:
- Full-time students (with valid NUS card)
- Over 60s (Bus Pass/Driver’s Licence/Passport/ID Card)
- Hyde Park and Kensington Friends (with membership card)
- Please wear suitable clothing for skating and wrap up warm!
- We have a limited supply of penguin skate aids, and are available on a first-come first served basis from the skate hire counter for £5. Unfortunately skate aids cannot be booked in advance. Please note that we also have children’s bob skates, these are twin bladed skates that fit over a child’s shoes, available free of charge. Please speak to any member of Ice Rink staff if you wish to hire a skate aid or require bob skates.